it isn’t time to retool as they’ve been telling us through the last four or five CEO’s. Then what is it?
I own and have owned Compaq/HP laptops for as long as I can remember. They are not haute, but they have been solid performers. My current is a quad i7 Haswel.
But HP is behind and getting farther behind:
- Battery life
- Battery size, can’t get bigger batteries any more
- BIOS locked down; simple features can only be enabled on the Business line, even if my consumer laptop cost over $2,000
- Screen resolution is still stuck at a maximum is 1920×1080, and can’t be seen outdoors unless you turn the brightness up all the way, ergo 50 minutes battery life
- Touch screens are a premium; pen screens are non-existent
- Weight, generally they could be used to anchor a cruise ship
Even the new Spectre 360, which I would have loved to own is limited to:
- Small screen
- No pen
- Limited Memory
- One size fits all battery
- Duo core M series CPU
- 1920×1080 dpi